Made of heat resistant borosilicate glass, this 1.0 liter glass marinator can be used in an oven over 400C and in a microwave oven directly (except the plastic lid). Other features as below
Marination is the process of soaking foods in a seasoned, often acidic, liquid before cooking. The origins of the word allude to the use of brine (aqua marina) in the pickling process, which led to the technique of adding flavor by immersion in liquid. The liquid in question, the 'marinade' can be acidic with ingredients such as vinegar, lemon juice, or wine, or savory with soy sauce, brine or other prepared sauces. Along with these liquids, a marinade often contains oils, herbs, and spices to further flavor the food items.
It is commonly used to flavor foods and to tenderize tougher cuts of meat.The process may last over hours or days. However, in a vacuum condition, the pores of meat , fish, poultry and other foods are opened up, allowing marinades to penetrate deeper and more quickly, so, marinades can be done in a vacuum in seconds and your favorite recipes can get started in no time by using vacuum marinators.
Made of heat resistant borosilicate glass, this 1.0 liter glass marinator can be used in an oven over 400C and in a microwave oven directly (except the plastic lid). Other features as below:
1. Thermal shock resistance upto 70K( not recommended to cool down this hot glass marinator directly from oven heated condition to iced water) .
2. High heat resistant. Use temperature over 400C. can be heated up for cooking directly in an oven upto 400C.
3. Ideal for marinating under vacuum when using together with Bigland vacuum sealers.
4. Ideal for storing dry goods, wet items and crushable items;
5. Great for keeping your leftovers and other ready to eat foods fresh longer.
6. Freezer and dishwasher-safe.
7. Microwave –safe, can be heated directly in the microwave oven.
8. With date coding indication by MM/DD (12 months and 31 days) .
9. With vacuum pressure indicator.
10. Press to release vacuum, great for marinades, or marinating.
11. Comply with European food safety requirements, FDA & LFGB certificate, and safe enough to contact food.